Environment, Space, Place
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF ENVIRONMENT, SPACE, AND PLACE
The purpose of this association and its conferences is to foster interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary dialogue concerning the nature of place/space and the geographical moment of experience.
Conference Intentions and Design
- The conferences are intended to provide a crossdisciplinary venue for researchers to present their work and to be exposed to the many ways to investigate geographical themes.
- The conferences are also designed to provide the occasion for informal conversations amongst the participants in order to foster creative fecundity and future projects.
- The conferences are open to all scholars, professionals, activists, and anyone who has something to contribute to our research of the placial/spatial features of the world and experience.
Encouragements of the Association
- The association encourages transdisciplinarians to develop their thought concerning place/space and to bring their reflective thought to specific cases, empirical phenomena, and practical problems.
- The association encourages transdisciplinarians to raise questions and to uncover deeper issues (ethical, axiological, epistemological, ontological, and methodological) concerning their areas of expertise and the specific locales that they investigate.
- The association encourages transdisciplinarians to focus upon the geographical component of the phenomena about which they are interested. And, they are encouraged to conduct their research in a philosophical manner by raising questions and by remaining critical towards all received notions and information.
More information is available at the IASESP website.